China Working Holiday Scheme 假期工作签证计划 – 中国
|The China Working Holiday Scheme will open on 10 September 2013 at 10:00am New Zealand time.
This scheme provides opportunities for young people aged 18 to 30 inclusive to gain valuable experiences travelling abroad. One thousand places are available annually.
You can enjoy beautiful scenery and natural landscapes in a clean and green environment while gaining a better understanding of New Zealand culture.
You can also experience some great adventures an meet friendly people throughout New Zealand.
The Working Holiday Scheme is a result of the Free Trade Agreement between the Government of New Zealand and the People’s Republic of China.
Who can apply
The To be eligible, an applicant must:
You can find out more about applying for the China Working Holiday Scheme, including whether places are currently available and when the quota is due to re-open, on our Working Holiday pages.
Each year, 1000 places are available under this scheme allowing young citizens of China to stay in New Zealand for up to 12 months.
The quota will open on 10 September 2013 at 10:00am New Zealand time.
Online application service
Applications under this scheme must be made using the online application system. Manual or paper-based applications which are received by Immigration New Zealand (INZ) will be returned to the applicant.
If your application is accepted in the online system, you will be advised by email and asked to send in further documentation to the appropriate receiving office within a specified timeframe.
However, before you think about applying, please read the following important information.
To be eligible
- be ordinarily resident in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) (this requirement is not met if you have been absent from the PRC for more than two years immediately preceding your application)
- be actually resident in the PRC at the time of applying
- have a passport from the PRC that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
- not bring children with you
- hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket (you must hold sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand, and this evidence may be requested when you arrive at the border)
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here
- meet our health and character requirements
- hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
- have a senior high school qualification (gao zhong xue li) granted in respect of a minimum of three years’ full-time study which has been verified by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Centre (CDGDC)
- have evidence of the CDGDC’s verification of your qualification
- have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional (see note below), and
- not have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme before.
Note: An applicant’s proficiency in English is deemed to be at least functional if they can provide a certificate from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an average level of 5.5 over the four components of the test. The IELTS certificate must be no more than two years old when you submit your application. This is the only way to prove English proficiency.